3 tbsp soften butter + 1/4 cup of oil
1 ½ cup flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
½ tsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease your muffin tray.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg and vanilla essence together and set aside.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder together in another bowl, and add the salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Whisk the brown sugar and butter/oil mixture together until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Combine the milk and egg, and mix in the dry ingredients. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tray, filling each ¾ full. Sprinkle with the Brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
FOR THE TOPPING: Take 2 tbsp of soften butter, 2tsp sugar and 3-4 tbsp of flour and mix together until it resembles breadcrumbs and sprinkle on your muffins for decoration.